Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lent and Blogging

Could there be any plausible connection between Lent and blogging? Traditionally the Christian church has celebrated Lent through a time of penance and abstience. Thus, my Papa used to give up his least favorite food every year, watermelon, and my dad became a teetotaler for 40 irritable days! (Just kidding Dad, if you ever read this.) So this year I have decided that, not only am I going to give up some cherished delectables, but that I am going to actively pursue some good things. One of my goals is to take action in my life. I tend to be one who prefers quiet thoughtfulness over direct action and I'm feeling a bit imbalanced. So blogging, despite its obvious narcissitic tendencies, is a way for me to grow my creative side. I got some help from my friend Will who encouraged me to do this by resurrecting his blog recently. So think about some things to give up or take up for Lent and consider blog reading as an option!

No comments: